The Classroom Helpers Program is a parent education program that provides participants with the opportunity to explore how their children learn. This helps parents to work with the classroom teacher to promote literacy and numeracy development. The program is designed to strengthen the home-school partnership. It is conducted by teachers in one interactive session enabling parents to:
- explore how children learn to speak, listen, read and write
- compare classroom and home learning experiences
- explore how to make learning easier
- develop ways of working together to support literacy and numeracy learning
- assist as a volunteer in the classroom
Strong links are made between the learning environment of the Early Years classroom
and the learning environment of the home.